Bread of Life welcomes homeless men, women and children into our Day Shelter every Monday thru Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The goal is to restore dignity, help build supportive relationships, and assist homeless individuals as they navigate their way out of homelessness. Since 2010, we have seen on average 300 homeless individuals use our services on a daily basis and it continues to expand.
- Coffee and pastries
- Computer use (with valid photo ID)
- Metro bus passes
- Mail Services (with valid photo ID)
- Lockers ($15 deposit, $20/month)
- Hot lunch (Monday through Friday, 12:15-1:00 p.m.)
- Women’s clothing distribution
- (Tuesday, 1:00-2:00 p.m.)
- Men’s clothing distribution
- (Friday, 1:00-2:00 p.m.)
- Individuals must come earlier in the day to retrieve a clothing ticket. A limited number of tickets are distributed, so it is best to show up early.
- Social services/referrals upon request
Each evening, Bread of Life provides a warm and compassionate environment in which men (18+ years of age) can eat, relax, shower, and sleep. We have a total of 141 beds (72 for emergency guests, 22 for LifeChange residents, 17 for Resident Volunteers, and 2 for staff). We work in conjunction with Operation Night Watch to sleep 28 additional men in the chapel. We strive to keep a family atmosphere for the men who come through our doors.
- Chapel 6:30-7:10 pm (Tue.-Sat.)
- Dinner Mon.-Sat. 7:15 pm
- Overnight bed sign-up from 5:30-6:15 pm and 8:00-8:15 pm
$5 fee + valid ID required, men age 18+ only
- Doors close at 8:15 pm.
We believe that the only way to have true fulfillment in life is through a relationship with Christ. The Bread of Life was founded on this principle, and we offer evening chapel services to our guests. Services are at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Evening chapel is provided by a variety of Puget Sound churches and mission organizations.