Job Title: Donated Clothing Distribution Supervisor
Purpose: The Donated Clothing Room Supervisors are responsible for oversight of the distribution of clothes and hygiene products to people experiencing homelessness.
Work Location: The Donated Clothing Room Supervisors would work in either the Men’s or Women’s clothing rooms at The Bread of Life Mission.
- Oversee guest of the clothing room as they look for articles of clothing to take. Monitor guest to adhere to limits of number of articles and time limit.
- Greet guests in the waiting area in a friendly manner.
- Help guests find clothing that fits them and they are interested in.
- Keep donated clothing room straight and orderly. Fold clothes / put clothes on hangers or bins as necessary.
- Document the number of articles that each guest receives. Give reports back to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Report any shortages in clothing to Bread of Life Staff.
- Rotate clothing periodically.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
- Minimum 3-month commitment. One shift a week.
- Women: 12:30 – 2:00 Tuesdays
- Men: 12:30 – 2:00 Fridays
- Passion for helping others, in particular, people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Great customer service skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Flexibility to help wherever is needed.
- Ability to stand for an hour.
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement / Release of Liability Form
- 18 years or older.