Volunteer Coordinator - Full Time
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Volunteers are critical contributors to the effectiveness of Bread Of Life Mission. This position serves as the “front lines” for those wishing to volunteer in helping the homeless and hurting in the Seattle.. He/she holding this position is responsible for creating and maintaining an extraordinary volunteer experience that gets people excited about volunteering with Bread Of Life Mission, and potentially becoming a financial supporter.
The Volunteer Coordinator works directly with the Development Director and other program coordinators to identify areas needing volunteer support and then meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers
- Creates and maintains an annual volunteer acquisition and activities plan
- Develops and maintains a process that includes interviewing and screening of prospective volunteers
- Oversees the placement and orientation of volunteers
- Assists the Executive Director in writing volunteer job descriptions and setting organizational goals
- Ensure volunteers are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- Develop and maintain volunteer database and records
- Develop and maintain a regular communication with volunteers
- Manages social media properties and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a content calendar
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Assist with quarterly newsletter creation and coordination
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management
- Exceptional communication skills via email, phone and in-person
- Detail Oriented
- Data entry or database management experience a plus
- Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel)
- Social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Flexibility, critical thinking and problem solving
- Raisers Edge or Salesforce experience is a plus but not required
First, you must be comfortable working in a rescue mission setting. Approximately 80% of your time will be spent in an office environment with 20% being on-site during events or other volunteer activities. This position will require flexibility in scheduling to accommodate special events on evenings, weekends and some holidays.
We are small but dedicated organization that enjoys working together as a team and feel it is a privilege to “live our faith” in the work that we do every day.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES:
- Have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and deep desire to serve Him
- Exhibits spiritual maturity as defined by biblical standard
- Have a heart of compassion and caring toward the homeless and hurting, and is passionate about ministering life transformation in a multi-ethnic urban ministry setting
- Demonstrates a courteous and Christ-like manner with internal and external partners