Job Title: Donated Clothing Assistant
Purpose: The Donated Clothing Assistants are responsible for organizing and straightening the donated clothing rooms.
Work Location: The Donated Clothing Assistants would work in the clothing rooms at The Bread of Life Mission.
- Keep donated clothing room straight and orderly. Fold clothes / put clothes on hangers or bins as necessary.
- Takes inventory and reports any shortages in clothing to Bread of Life Staff and Clothing Distribution Supervisors.
- Rotate clothing periodically.
- Work with Laundry Room supervisor put newly donated items into circulation.
- Sorts donated hygiene items into easy to take kits.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
- Minimum 3-month commitment. One shift a week, timing is flexible.
- Passion for helping others, in particular, people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Great customer service skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Flexibility to help wherever is needed.
- Ability to stand for an hour.
- Pick up and carry 20-lb bags of clothes.
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement / Release of Liability Form
- 16 years or older. Volunteers under 18 need to provide parental consent.